The 2018 Annual Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication (CPTSC) is hosted by the University of Minnesota and the University of Wisconsin – Stout at the Graduate Hotel in Minneapolis, MN.
CPTSC’s annual conference is different from other conferences in the field since it emphasizes discussion. Presenters are limited to talks from 5-7 minutes to encourage in-depth discussions with participants around topics of interest to administrators and faculty.
Founded in 1974, the Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication brings together program administrators and faculty from across the United States and increasingly from abroad. The organizational goals are to
- promote programs in technical and scientific communication
- promote research in technical and scientific communication
- develop opportunities for the exchange of ideas and information concerning programs, research, and career opportunities
- assist in the development and evaluation of new programs in technical and scientific communication, if requested
- promote exchange of information between this organization and interested parties